Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays for the Meeting Planner!!!

MEETING PLANNER 2011 HOLIDAY POEM

Wow, 2011 was an absolute blur
Added responsibilities, doing more with less
But I continue to "raise the bar"
And in the process, elevate my stress

It's not easy to think about next year
I am on overload with business solutions
Which gives me the perfect excuse
To ignore those unrealistic New Year resolutions

I am planning my 2012 meeting agenda
Achieving team goals and objectives a must
Collaborating with all meeting stakeholders
Growing partnerships, building confidence and trust

Evaluating and selecting the perfect hotel is critical
The key to success, as everyone knows
And the best solution is to get on the phone
And call the Incentives & Promotions Department pros

There must be good weather
And lots of fun, you know
And if there's not championship golf
Our chairman won't show

I love managing a meeting with big ROI
It is fulfilling and really gives me a thrill
But I always get a big time headache
Thinking about reconciling the hotel's massive bill

I am consumed with hotel contract negotiation details
Reducing my company's risk is what will appeal
Always hammering out fair & balanced performance clauses
Let's just call it "The Art of the Deal"

My managers expect more meeting value and ROI
I guess post-recession, this is the trend
So I'm implementing my SMM action plan
Which will drive meeting consolidation & leverage spend

I must rework my meeting budgets
And find innovative ways to save
And my big picture goal
Is to make our company CEO rave

I can't succeed without my wonderful industry partners
A team oriented focus is where we all stand
Our collaboration delivers high impact outcomes
And I continue to grow my own personal "Brand"

Senior management's expectations are off the chart
And being a "Super Star" planner takes a lot of work
So, a few extra days off during the holidays
Is a well-deserved perk

Oh, my gosh, it's time to go shopping
Yes, gotta get ready for Christmas Day
So, need to catch-up on all my meeting projects
And start putting all my meeting planning notes away

It's time to focus on family & friends
And enjoy holiday cheer
And I will defer my thoughts of meetings
Until early next year

It's time to enjoy the gift of life and count our blessings
Let's give thanks, reflect and have a grateful point of view
And on behalf of our entire Incentives & Promotions Team
"Good Health, Happiness and Merry Christmas" to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment